I was given the topic “love” to write for a poem.
thin lips and eyes
to wind –
through marriage of wine
and kiss from hot wings
smooth like a fire
belly rotten green and gray
and a wind passes through the centre
I did 4-in-4 again this spring.
On the first day of christmas…
well, I’ve never really played around with this sort of stuff so I decided to make a simple visualization of weather temperature and wind data using Processing. You can plug any image into this sketch. Just remmeber to change the width and height values. (Also, it plays nicer with even numbers). The colors it changes to depends on the outside temperature.
You can download the source and play with the app here.
When I was younger I used to make “smellgood” cremes comprised of mixing all sorts of cremems, perfumes and body safe scents. So, this week I decided to make some sillicon that smells good. And I did! It smells really nice. I added some concentrated air freshener, creme, soap, and a bit of perfume to a bit of dragonskin mix.
The only bad thing is… when I smelled it directly, my chest constricted and I had trouble breathing properly for the rest of the day. Smells awesome though. Feels pretty good too. I think I just need to air it out.
The Suicide Package
For those in dire need of relief from life. If you’re going to do it. Do it right.
Nothing is more pitiful than a failed suicide. There are many reasons for wanting to kill yourself. And just about as many ways to do it. However, why then, do so many people fail at it? Fear of failure. Fear of success. Fear of what comes after. Our product is designed to help.
When you send us your information, we create a customized package that caters to all of your needs.
First of all we erase the fear. Contained in the box is a set of legal documents accompanied with a set of simple instructions in order to set your worldy affairs in order. Confused by the word beneficiary? Not sure who’ll take care of your kids? Funeral arrangements? Don’t worry. 15 minutes will set your mind at ease.
Also contained in the box is a set of custom engraved pens and ultra fine parchment for writing a suicide note. We’ve also included a small dictionary of key phrases in order to help stimulate your mind while writing. Like, “goodbye sweet prince” or “avast ye world.”
Location, location, location. We will scout out and recommend prime locations (if you’re not doing it in your own home) for the act. Privacy garunteed and chances of been found vary, depending on your preferences.
For the deed itself we’ve included a wide range of options. Based on your pre-filled questionairre we will include options for swift and silent, long and painful, messy and cruel, and far more. We aim to please! Assassins are also available should you choose to take matters out of your own hands. Just give us a call.
For a 16 year old male from north new hampshire.
- Suicide Note
- 3 sample suicide notes, quoting famous writers of the 16th century
- Bubble Bath, lavender
- Candles, black, unscented
- Bloodletter Knife, serrated
- Topical Anesthesia
- Instructions on capturing streaming video and automatically uploading to youtube.
- Data Erasure Toolkit
I worked with Milena for this assignment. We were inspired by a scene from the Disney classic animated film Lady & The Tramp, where Lady and the tramp share a bowl of pasta and decided to use it as a metaphor for energy. See the original clip here.
I tried to calculate my waste in terms of weight or amount. I found out that pretty much everything I used this week was recycleble. That’s nice, though it seems to be more by design than accident.
- ~10 lbs or assorted paper & plastic recycleable garbage
- ~500 gallons of water used ( calculated using this )
- not sure how to measure electricity use but i have 2 game consoles constantly plugged in (if off most of the time) and my computer is on/plugged in almost 24/7
The assignment was to create a system. I worked w/ lara, elie, and milena to destroy worlds and conquer… oh wait. To create a game system where there’s a certain input and 3 outputs.
One sheet of paper with a short poem on it.
• Each person in the team chooses a role
• Everyone can only perform tasks associated with their role
• Every teammate must participate to create the output
- Everyone must pick a role
- Each person must perform their role
before the end of the task
- If manager, you must direct and order
teammates, they can not operate unless you
- If you choose to take a break, it must be for
the entire duration of the task and can not
help your teammates.
• 3 goals are revealed after the roles are
• You can change roles after each goal
• You have 3 minutes to complete each goal
• Colorer: Color, black out
• Word changer: Change any word on the sheet of
• Cutter: Cut, shred, destroy
• Attacher: Use paper clips, glue, stapler
• Folder: Fold paper
• Printer: Print paper with any content on it
• Manager: Direct teammates who must follow your
• Gopher/Take a break: Fetch whatever teammates
request or decide to take a break during the task
1. Make a duck.
2. Make a poem/story about your duck.
3. Exhibit your poem/story and your duck.
We are inviting the mind as a process itself.
Specific goals have a blur once put through
the relative, interpretive mind of the human.
How many ways can you think of representing
our goals with the items that are given to
A closed system verging on emergent.
It has a start and a finish, yet the flexibility to
give different results. Such as the possible
combinations of roles that can exist in each
group. The team can have different
capabilities which will result in different
interpretations of the tasks.